If we want Jamie to win, we need each of you now to do something to reach voters in CD2. There are many ways to pitch in, it all adds up. The path to replace Walden is with your support and time. Now is the time and we have 164 days to do it. Our official Volunteer Kick Off is this Wednesday, the 30th.
But you don't have to wait until Wednesday to get started. Phone Banking started back up this week and please let us know if you can help, the weather is perfect to start canvassing door to door in your neighborhood. *If you did not receive the phone banking email this week, please contact us for details.
What we need from you:
- Go door to door (in groups, with friends or solo) *maps, materials provided
- Make phone calls (at phone banking parties, or at home) *lists, scripts provided
- Text banking (from home or with friends) *lists, scripts provided. Unlike phones and doors, this option requires a nominal fee, and we will need to raise roughly $5,000 to get started
- Be a Team Leader (volunteer as a team leader to help be a spokesperson for Jamie and help us organize in your community)
- Fundraisers and Friendraiser's (host or co-host) an event to help Jamie raise money to accomplish our goals, and/or to introduce her to new voters (Non-affiliated voters, Independents and moderate Republican's)
- Name recognition, tell 20 friends about Jamie, share on social media, wear buttons, bumper stickers, and yard signs/commercial large signs
- Volunteer in other areas, have a special skill that you can donate in-kind to the campaign, let us know.
We are holding our first Volunteer Meetup with Jamie through-out the district!
When: Wednesday, May 30th
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
You can join with your local team, via the internet or on the phone
Join Jamie and her team as we kick off Our Volunteer Meetup!
What to expect:
Speech from Jamie, information from campaign on how to help ensure Jamie will win, explanation on volunteer roles needed and recruitment of county leads
Input from counties on the issues your county is facing and any questions you collectively have. Time will be distributed evenly.
Additional details to be emailed and on our website.
Current Meeting Locations include: Medford, Hood River, The Dalles, Bend, Pendleton, Lakeview
Check the website for updates. Instructions for how to participate outside the above events, will be emailed by Tuesday.
We have not heard back from all counties yet. So, if you have a home that you are willing to open or know of a good meeting spot in your county please call Brenna Schmidt to set it up. (503) 935-7741