“Nobody Is Above the Law” Rally in Bend to Demand Trump Be Impeached and Removed From Office
A group of local activists are planning a “Nobody is Above the Law Rally” in Bend on the eve of the House impeachment vote. The strength of the message will be amplified through a broad coalition of partners representing multiple constituencies. Please consider joining our coalition and co-hosting this event along with Indivisible Bend, The Vocal Seniority and the Central Oregon Democratic Socialists of America.
We understand that some organizations may not be able to co-host due to their non-profit status, but perhaps you can notify your membership of this action. In either case, please reply to this email if you can co-host or share information about this action.
Below are details regarding this local action and as an fyi, you can find the national toolkit here:
At 5:00pm on the evening before the U.S. House of Representatives votes to impeach Donald Trump, people who concur with this action will gather in downtown Bend as part of the nationwide “Nobody Is Above the Law” rallies. We are using the Moveon.org infrastructure for notification of the exact date.
So that everyone who plans to participate will receive confirmation of the date of this event,
please register at our event on MoveOn HERE.
The mobilization will be one of the hundreds of actions occurring nationwide in more than 40 states and Washington, D.C. The purpose is to ensure Congress holds Donald Trump accountable for mis-using the power of his office to pressure Ukraine to investigate his anticipated political rival, and thereby interfere with our 2020 elections. Those who rally will demand that the House of Representatives fulfills its constitutional duty by impeaching Donald Trump and that the Senate removes him from office. Congress must show that no one is above the law.
The plan is as follows:
- Attendees will convene at 5:00pm at the southwest corner of Bond and Greenwood and then spread out in single file or in small groups onto the sidewalks lining Bond, Greenwood, and Wall Streets and Newport Avenue.
- Rather than marching, by standing quietly along the sidewalks of downtown Bend attendees will be bearing witness to a critical moment in our nation’s history.
- As it will be dark, electric candles or flashlights are encouraged and signs, if carried, will need to be illuminated for passers-by to see.
- The rally will last from 5:00pm to 6:00pm and since we will be spread out, there will be no speakers.
- We may be a passionate group, but we must remain a peaceful one. Attendees are expected to respect all street and sidewalk traffic, and please DO NOT ENGAGE with any counter-protesters that may be present. There’s plenty of room for all.
Thank you for considering supporting this action!
Organizing Citizen Activists including Connie Peterson, Helen Seidler, Bev Schlegel, Derek Stevens, Pete Perry, Toni Morizumi, Nancy Boever, Sid Snyder, Jerry Freilich, Jim Sterling